Online auctions terms of sale
Preamble: All the goods offered in this Auction are guaranteed to be authentic, unless otherwise specifically stated, and of lawful origin.
In order to allow a careful and in-depth examination of the state of conservation, type and quality of the auctioned goods, the item can be viewed at the shop in Verona located in Via Filippini 29A, only by telephone appointment. Participation in the auction implies full acceptance of these conditions of sale.
1) Starting bids: The prices indicated in the catalogue are expressed in Euros and constitute the starting bids, therefore bids of a lower amount will not be accepted.
2) Auction fees: The auction fees of 15% (including VAT) must be added to the auction clearing price.
3) Conservation: Description and evaluation of the conservation status of the proposed goods are carried out with the utmost care and attention, while the rarity degrees of the coins have been indicated by referring to primary numismatics manuals on the market. The above descriptions are purely indicative and subjective and therefore cannot be contested by the successful bidders (see point 6).
4) Participation in the auction and Awarding: Participation in the auction may take place by sending bids directly to the electronic auction platform used (Bidinside). New customers will have to indicate suitable references. It is necessary when ordering to provide the name (first and last name or company name) and the tax code or VAT number necessary to issue the tax document that will be sent/delivered in original together with the goods. In case of award, a copy of a valid identity document (Identity Card, Driving License or Passport) must also be provided. Each participant is personally liable for the offers submitted, without being able to object to having acted on behalf of a third party. The award will be made to the highest bidder at the next step above the previous bid and provided that the tenders reach the reserve price, if any. Once the auction is closed the unsuccessful lots will be available for a further 30 days and will be awarded to the first bidder at the starting auction bid plus rights.
5) Withdrawal and shipment: Payment of the lots awarded must be made within 15 days of participation in the auction or notification of the award. Failure to pay within the terms indicated will constitute a default on the successful tenderer who will have to pay default interest at the rate of 1% per month. Shipments are made by GLS courier at a cost of 10,00 Euros. On request it is possible to insure the shipment at a cost of 15,00 Euros. For shipments of goods beyond the borders of Italy, the costs of shipping and insurance, borne by the successful bidder, will be calculated from time to time and must comply with Italian legislation on the export abroad of goods of significant numismatic interest that provides for the obtaining from the competent offices of the permit of free movement (approximately 120/180 days from the day of the request to the Export Office c/o the Ministry of Culture). The request will be made upon payment of the lot(s) awarded (price including the auction fees) which will serve as authorisation to do so. Numismatica Scaligera accepts no responsibility for the outcome of the export procedure and in the event of restrictions on the movement of the goods requested, the buyer shall not have recourse to Numismatica Scaligera. Any lack of export authorization from the competent Italian administrative offices does not result in the cancellation of the sale. For the release of the certificate of free movement, a contribution will be requested for the costs of 25.00 Euros per invoice. If the country of destination applies taxes or customs duties, these are the responsibility of the buyer who will have to contact the customs offices of his country independently and comply with the customs regulations of the country of destination.
For very heavy and bulky shipments the shipping costs will be calculated at the end of the auction.
6) Objections and return of purchased goods: Objections are allowed, within 10 days from receipt of the goods, on the authenticity of the goods and on serious hidden defects. We do not accept complaints about the state of preservation, origin, attribution and cataloguing, weight, type and lack of quality of the goods awarded, defects or anomalies reported in the catalog or found in the photos, as we recommend that you view and evaluate directly the item subject to auction, or defects or anomalies attributable to the successful bidder after the withdrawal of the goods. The objection must be accompanied by a certificate of numismatic expert on the authenticity or serious hidden defects. The place of jurisdiction is Verona. The disputed goods must be returned, using suitable packaging, by insured to Numismatica Scaligera SNC Via Filippini 29 A 37121 Verona, in the same conditions of receipt and perfectly intact, provided with the original packaging/wrapping and any documentation sent/attached. The costs of returning the goods shall be borne by the purchaser.The purchaser, excluding any other claim, will be entitled to a refund of the sums paid for the purchase of the goods, which will be made as soon as possible and in any case no later than 30 days from receipt of the communication, in any case on condition that the goods have been returned. The right of withdrawal lapses in its entirety when fails the "essential condition of integrity of the good"(packaging and/or its contents) and/or in cases where it is ascertained: modifications and/or tampering and/or damage to the good; use of the good such as to make it impossible to restore it to the conditions pre-existing at the sale; breakage of the seals in case of sealed money; lack of any original outer/internal packaging; absence of integral elements of the product.
Returns are not accepted on lots consisting of several goods as obviously there are goods of little value or study in the lots which therefore are to be considered sold as seen and liked.
7) Payment methods: Payment must be made by bank transfer.
Numismatica Scaligera SNC
Nome della banca: Unicredit - Filiale di Verona - Via Garibaldi, 1
NUMERO CONTO CORRENTE: 000104185848
8) Raise table:
0 - 40 -> 2
40 - 100 -> 5
100 - 300 -> 10
300 - 500 -> 20
500 - 2000 -> 50
2000 - 5000 -> 100
5000 - 10000 -> 200
10000 - 20000 -> 500
The Italian text of these conditions of sale is authentic between the parties, as the English translation is only for the convenience of the reader.